This Lent, we are focusing on the life and faith of one of Jesus’ disciples, Peter, in whom we see a person both steadfast and unsteady, a dear friend and a betrayer, a follower and a wanderer. In Peter, we often see ourselves. By following Peter’s journey, we watch the story of Jesus unfold through the eyes of a very normal human trying to figure it all out - just like us.
We encourage you to join us in our Lenten journey to Christ’s new creation! Here are some good starting points:
- Ashes to Go, February 14th: Join us between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. for a remarkably poignant Ash Wednesday in our ashes-to-go event. Pull through the church parking lot, and Reverend Hewitt will offer you ashes and a blessing as you make your daily commute. The deep sense of the Holy is in no way diminished by the transient drive-through nature of the blessing, and you’ll find the moment will bestow you with a remarkable sense of grace throughout your day.
- Wednesday Night Dinner and Book Discussion, beginning February 21: Join us at 6:00 p.m. for dinner! At 7:00 p.m., we will discuss the book Faith After Doubt by Brian McLaren.
- Maundy Thursday Service, March 28th: we begin our Holy Week with a joint Maundy Thursday Service at Mundelein Community Protestant Church. We’ll share a potluck Supper at 6 pm., followed by worship at 7:00 p.m. featuring a retelling of the Last Supper story. You are invited to Holy Communion.
- Good Friday Service, March 28th: We continue Holy Week with a Good Friday Service at 700 p.m. at Ivanhoe Congregational Church.
- Easter Services, March 31st: Join Ivanhoe for a sunrise service at 6:30 a.m. and our regular service at 10:00 a.m. Breakfast will be served in the Fellowship Hall following the Sunrise Service.